The Charlotte County Economic Development Office (EDO) helps companies such as yours to obtain financing by connecting them with local, state, and regional resources.
No matter the size of your company, our EDO staff works with each individual request and case to steer the company to the most appropriate resource that will positively affect your financial operations.
Charlotte County Business Incentives
The Charlotte County Economic Development Incentive Program was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners to advance the mission of the County's Economic Development Office. This program was specifically created to:
- Produce high-wage value added jobs
- Reduce the tax burden on residential properties by increasing non-residential tax revenues
- Reduce the impact of economic downturns by diversifying the local economy
The core of the Program is based upon two vehicles—incentives for job creation and incentives for capital investment. A business that produces at least ten “Quality Jobs” and meets program requirements is eligible to participate. Program participants are eligible to receive both employment and capital incentives following approval of their Program Application and Agreement.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INCENTIVE PROGRAM
This program can be used to provide incentives to qualified applicants for job creation, capital investment or to offset infrastructure improvement costs.
- TAXABLE NON-RECOURSE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BONDS
Finance many kinds of businesses.
- TAX-EXEMPT INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT REVENUE BONDS (IDRBs)
Provides tax-exempt debt obligations issued by public corporations to support manufacturing, processing, and utility type economic development projects. The Charlotte County Industrial Development Authority issues these bonds in Charlotte County.
Florida State Business Incentives
- TARGETED INDUSTRY INCENTIVES:
- Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund (QTI)
- Qualified Defense and Space Contractor Tax Refund (QDSC)
- Capital Investment Tax Credit (CITC)
- High Impact Performance Incentive Grant (HIPI)
- WORKFORCE TRAINING INCENTIVES:
- Quick Response Training Program (QRT)
- Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWT)
- INFRASTRUCTURE INCENTIVE:
- Economic Development Transportation Fund
- SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY INCENTIVES:
- Rural Incentives
- Urban Incentives
- Enterprise Zone Incentives
- Brownfield Incentives
- Local Government Distressed Area Matching Grant Program (LDMG)
- For more information on these and other incentives, please click here.