Charlotte County boasts four area hospitals in a 694 square mile area. With a population of roughly 160,000 people, that equates to one hospital servicing approximately 40,000 residents.
Englewood Community Hospital, is located in the western area of the county. ShorePoint Health Punta Gorda (formerly Bayfront Health), is located in the City of Punta Gorda, which is in the southern area of the county. The two remaining hospitals, Fawcett Memorial Hospital and ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte (formerly Bayfront Health) are in Port Charlotte, the center of the county, within the Parkside Community Redevelopment Area.
ShorePoint Health Punta Gorda is a 208-bed acute care hospital that brings quality health care to this community with comprehensive services and an experienced team of physicians and caregivers. Committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of area physicians and patients, they have invested $26.5 million for facility and service improvements.
In addition to being named a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures™ by The Joint Commission in the areas of Heart Failure, Heart Attack and Pneumonia in 2011, ShorePoint Health Punta Gorda has also been designated with The Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Gold Seal in 2010 & 2011. The hospital is a Primary Stroke Care Center receiving the American Heart Association’s prestigious Get With Guidelines Silver Plus Recognition in 2011 and our respiratory services have earned the Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care for the past three years in a row.
Charlotte Regional has an array of specialty services including:
- Award-winning Stroke Care Services
- daVinci® Robotic Surgery system
- Joint and Spine Academies
- Riverside Behavioral Center
- Breast Health Center
- The Rehabilitation & Wellness Center
- Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Clinical Decision Unit
- Same Day Surgery Center
Englewood Community Hospital has provided healthcare services to the residents of Sarasota and Charlotte counties since 1985. We are taking care of family in our Englewood community and the surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide the highest quality and best healthcare for every patient every time; the highest quality and best service for every patient every time; and the highest quality and best patient experience for every patient every time. We have an exceptional group of caregivers and support staff working daily with a team of dedicated community physicians to achieve our vision of being the healthcare provider of choice in the communities we serve. We are absolutely committed to providing the highest quality of patient care possible and to make positive contributions to the health and well-being of our community and those we serve.
As a 100-bed acute care hospital, offering a wide variety of healthcare services, we strive to create a culture that fosters compassion, kindness and healing. With the patient as our primary focus, we have been recognized for our efforts in the prevention and treatment of health care modalities to include: Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Women’s Services, Urology, Pulmonology and Vascular services. Englewood Community Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and many of our programs have additional recognitions by other national certifying agencies.
As the largest employer in Englewood, we are proud to serve as an anchor in our community. Our employees are your neighbors and friends.
Awards & Accolades
- The Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures 2012
- The Best of Englewood 2012 & 2013 Readers Choice
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ for Heart Failure Program 2012
- The Joint Commission Disease Specific Accreditation 2012- Total Knee and Total Hip
- ACHA Primary Stroke Center Designation 2012
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- American Heart Association Get with the Guidelines® Heart Failure Silver Quality Achievement Award 2011 and Gold Award 2012
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is proud to serve the people of Charlotte County, Punta Gorda, North Port and surrounding areas, as we have done faithfully since 1975. Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute care hospital with clinical specialties including a 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Cancer accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center, Wound Management and Hyperbaric Medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, state-of-the-art Open Heart Program, Fawcett Sports & Rehabilitation and many outpatient programs.
Fawcett also provides a variety of community wellness programs as part of its ongoing commitment to community outreach and education. For more information about Fawcett Memorial Hospital, to speak to a registered nurse any time of the day or night, or to find a physician, call Consult-A-Nurse at (941) 624-4441. You can also visit us at FawcettHospital.com, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter (@FMHnews).
Our facility has a tremendously beneficial economic impact on the region as an employer and acts as a magnet drawing new businesses and residents to consider making this area their home. More important is the healthcare and hope our more than 1,400 employees, physicians and volunteers provide to our patients and their families every day.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery – 2010, 2011
- Gastrointestinal Care – 2011, 2012
- General Surgery Excellence – 2010, 2011, 2012
- Pulmonary Care Excellence – 2012
- Stroke Care – 2012
What began as a one-story 50-bed hospital is now a multi-level 254-bed Joint Commission Accredited full service hospital, the largest in Charlotte County. In the last five years alone, ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte has invested $30.5 million for facility and service improvements, as well as built alliances with Shands UF Health and All Children’s Specialists-Johns Hopkins Medicine.
ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte provides quality health care to this community with comprehensive services and an experienced team of physicians and caregivers, specializing in critical and emergent care, imaging and radiology, laboratory and pathology, rehabilitation, neurological and nerve care, and the treatment of a wide range of disorders.
ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte is the only facility in Charlotte County that has a:
- Center for Balance Disorders to address the specific needs of patients who are suffering with loss of balance and mobility.
- Women’s and Children’s unit that offers a full spectrum of maternity care with a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that is supported by All Children’s Specialists-Johns Hopkins Medicine and pediatric unit.
- Heart Institute that offers full service comprehensive care for heart disease including emergency intervention, diagnosis, advanced treatment, rehabilitation and preventive education, and is backed by a partnership with Tampa’s leading provider of cardiovascular services, Florida Advanced Cardiothoracic Surgery. Onsite services include imaging and radiology, laboratory, home health, rehabilitation and specialty physicians.