See below for information about starting and operating a business in Charlotte County.
Charlotte County Government
The official website of the Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners.
Punta Gorda Airport
Owned and operated by the Charlotte County Airport Authority, PGD is an important transportation and economic asset for the region, providing hundreds of onsite jobs, space for business and aviation tenants, and more than $1.275 billion in total economic output
City of Punta Gorda
The City of Punta Gorda is a Council-Manager form of government, which combines the political leadership of elected officials with the managerial experience of an administrator. City Council acts as the legislative branch and operates in accordance with the provisions of the City Charter. They are responsible for setting the policy in which the City Manager carries out through the City departments.
Florida Power & Light Company is the largest energy company in the United States as measured by retail electricity produced and sold, serving more than 5 million customer accounts or an estimated 10 million+ people across the state of Florida.
Business Start up resources
Business Start Up Guide
Inclusive guide of resources for those looking to start a business in Charlotte County.
Small Business Administration
SBA support's America's small businesses. The SBA connects entrepreneurs with lenders and funding to help them plan, start and grow their business.
The Florida Virtual Entrepreneurs Center promotes area entrepreneurs by publishing profile articles about them online complete with photos and links back to their website and social media accounts. To start, entrepreneurs can simply create a free profile on FLVEC.com.
GrowFL is Florida's only organization exclusively dedicated to support and accelerate the growth of second-stage companies, by providing their leaders with focused, efficient, and timely access to resources they deem important.
Area chambers of commerce
Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce
The Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce, Inc., has been serving the businesses and residents of Charlotte County and our surrounding areas since 1925.
Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce
The Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce is committed to improving the local business climate, because we believe that, when your business succeeds, our community also prospers.
Englewood Chamber of Commerce
The Englewood Florida Chamber of Commerce is the community’s go-to resource for visitors, residents, and businesses!
- American Planning Association
- CareerSource Southwest Florida
- Charlotte County Economic Development Partnership (EDP)
- Charlotte County Visitors Bureau
- Charlotte Desoto Building Industry Association
- The Council for Community and Economic Research (C2ER)
- Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA)
- Englewood Area Board of Realtors
- Enterprise Florida
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Florida Economic Development Council
- Florida High Tech Corridor Council, Inc.
- Florida PACE
- Florida Redevelopment Association
- Florida Small Business
- International Economic Development Council
- Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte - North Port Association of Realtors, Inc.
- Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council
- Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association
- Suncoast Technology Forum
- Team Parkside
- Team Punta Gorda
- Urban Land Institute
- U.S. Department of Commerce